Foxley Green, King
Foxley Green encompasses approximately 80 acres with a commanding corner position at the gateway to Aurora. The main residence spans 21,630 sq feet on two levels with a solid granite exterior, 2 elevators, indoor pool, main floor master suite plus 3 additional bedroom suites. Also in the main house is a complete 2 bedroom staff apartment. The immaculately maintained property offers gardens, groomed hiking trails, cold water stream and deep pond, riding stable, 3800 sq ft guest house plus a 3 bedroom staff home. This grand country estate is within a 10 minute drive to top private schools, area amenities and Highways 404 or 400.
Main Entry Hall
- Beamed ceiling
- Massive 8 panelled front door flanked by window benches
- Pine in-laid floors
- Views to the Great Room
Drawing Room/Great Room
- Wide board pine floors
- 3 walk-outs to stone terrace
- Two 5 ft high fireplaces, one at each end of the room
- Panelled walls
- Built-in speakers
North Entry Hall, Great Hall and Main Powder Room
- The main powder room for guests is accessed via the north entry hall and has slab marble floors, custom vanity with marble counter top. The north entry hall and great hall feature custom wainscoting, garden views and a stone fireplace.
South Entry Hall and Cloak Room
The south entry hall and cloak room showcase the superbly crafted wood flooring and panelling. The cloak room offers 4 large hanging closets plus a private telephone station.
Passing through the great hall, one reaches the library with its richly panelled walls, floor-to-ceiling book cases, large stone fireplace and panelled window coves. Peaceful views over the main courtyard and north gardens can be enjoyed from the library
The master is privately sited in the floor plan and is accessed via a private panelled hallway. This generously sized suite enjoys views in 3 directions and includes a large sitting area alongside the over-sized gas fireplace. Along the west wall is a semi-circular window bench with picture windows offering distant western views. Attached to the master suite is a dressing room, ample closets and two full bathrooms. The 5-piece bathroom has slab marble floors, glass shower and bath tub plus its own private laundry set while the 3-piece bathroom offers an over-sized glass shower with body jets.
Garden Hall & Bar
Between the drawing room and the dining room is a light-filled garden room and bar with wonderful western views over the Foxley Green valley.
- Stone topped serving counter with sink
- Dishwasher plus centre island cabinet with bar drawers
- Stone floors with in-laid pine accents set in a diamond pattern
- Built-in sound system which carries through all the principal rooms
- Wall to wall west facing windows and walk- out to stone terrace
The scale of the dining room is impressive with a large stone fireplace set on the southern wall of the room. The dining room is linked to the kitchen by the large servery and is connected to the drawing room via the garden hall or the main hall which is an ideal layout when entertaining.
- Western views towards the pond
- Wide-board pine floors
- Built-in speakers
- Display cabinets
The butler’s pantry/server has Corian counters, Ultraline warming drawer, extensive storage cupboards, farmer’s sink, 2 refrigerators, and dishwasher. Stone floors with inlays.
The kitchen spans the entire depth of the home and offers views over both the front courtyard and to the west over the kitchen garden. The kitchen is complimented with 2 centre islands and several seating areas. There is a walkout to the screen veranda with panelled ceiling and exposed stone wall.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
- Stone floors with inlaid pine set in a diamond pattern
- Beamed ceiling over large breakfast area
- 3 sinks, bar fridge, ice maker, Subzero refrigerator
- 6-burner Wolff range, double ovens, dishwasher
- Private garden
- The entire home was built for entertaining. In addition to the kitchen facilities there are additional refrigerators/storage/dishwashers and preparation spaces in the full pantry and servery which are both located near the kitchen
In addition to the servery, there is also a walk-in pantry with full height wine fridge, additional Subzero refrigerator, extensive built-in cupboards and wide-board oak floors
Main Floor Laundry
In addition to the laundry found in the master suite, there is a large laundry room just off the Mud Room with dog shower, laundry sink, washer, dryer, folding table and stairs to the garage and lower level
The mudroom has an entry door onto the front courtyard. The mudroom has wide-board pine floors, sink with long counter and is located near the 2nd elevator.
There is an additional 2 piece powder room near the kitchen with stone floors
The expansive lower level has multiple walk-outs to the tiered garden which runs along the west side of the residence. The lower level has 3 full guest suites, billiard room, indoor pool, massage rooms, change rooms and a variety of additional purpose built rooms.
Bedroom 2, located in the south section
- Garden vista
- 2 closets
- 5 piece en suite bathroom with soaker tub and glass shower
- Sitting area
Past this guest room is a “present room” with well-organized built-in shelves and a wrapping counter. A kids’ play room, walk-in cedar closet, linen storage, lower mud room plus a series of mechanical/storage rooms are arrayed down the hall towards the 2nd elevator and 3-car garage
Off the main carved wood stairs and overlooking the indoor pool complex is the large billiard room with panelled walls, multiple seating and games areas plus a kitchen/bar. The kitchen/bar has a dishwasher, sink, ice maker, refrigerator and microwave oven. There is a back lit etched glass wall with carved oceanscapes of sea life inspired by time spent in the Abacos.
The light-filled pool complex has several large seating areas, expansive stone decks, fireplace, hot tub and 3 French door walk-outs to the garden. Around the pool there are a series of change rooms, a massage room, 3 piece shower with body jets and a 2-piece powder room. The pool area has built-in speakers.
3rd Laundry Room
There is a large laundry room near the pool with folding table, laundry sink, wash/dryer and clothes drying area.
The north elevator services the north section of the floor plan which has two more guest suites.
Bed Room 3
Similar to other bedrooms in the home, the 2nd guest suite has views over the grounds and gardens.
- Window bench with western views
- Double closet
- 4-piece bathroom with stone floors
Bed Room 4
The 4th bed room has 2 closets, a 4-piece bathroom, sitting area and a wonderful semi-circular window bench with views over the lawns to the west of the home.
The 3,800 sq ft 4+ bedroom guest house is privately sited with its own gated driveway. There is also a wonderful groomed walking trail to the main house which winds through the property and past the pond. Fenced yard.
The guest house has an open concept kitchen/breakfast area with walls of windows and light stained hardwood floors.
- Centre island, granite counters
- Side-by-side Subzero refrigerator, Miele dishwasher, cooktop with range hood
- Walk-out to covered porch
- Double sinks facing the garden
- Large breakfast room with views in three directions
The flagstone foyer sets the country tone for the home. Off the foyer is the elevator and 2-piece powder room.
Similar to the foyer, the mudroom has flagstone floors. Double closet. Walk-out to covered porch.
Living Room/Dining Room
Just to the south of the kitchen is the combined dining and living room. The area has light stained hardwood floors. The dining room has wainscoting which complements the design of the living room with its built-in bookcases on either side of the stone fireplace. The living room has views to the east and west and along the west wall is a walk-out to the stone terrace.
West stone terrace
Along the west side of the home is a stone terrace, garden and rolling lawns. There are exterior speakers on the terrace.
Positioned on the north side of the second floor is the large master suite with its own sitting room, walk-in closet and 5 piece en suite bath. The master suite has 8 large windows which offer views in three directions. Tray ceiling.
The master en suite bath has a soaker tub, large shower and double sinks.
There are 3 additional bedrooms on this level all with large windows offering peaceful views, window benches, and large closets. These bedrooms share a 4-piece bathroom.
Also on this level are 2 linen closets along with access to the elevator
The lower level has a large recreation room with stone fireplace, a room designed to be a theatre room, a full 4-piece bathroom plus two additional rooms which could serve as additional bedrooms, if desired. There is a large walk-in storage room plus laundry room and mechanical room also found on this level.
The staff house has its own driveway and is positioned to the west of the guest house closer to the stables. The staff house has 3 bedrooms, its own well and is approximately 2,000 sq feet in size.
The Stable Complex
The stables are well finished and have a total of 13 stalls plus a wash stall, tack room, feed room and bathroom. There is a 2 bay garage at the south end of the stable. There are extensive oak board paddocks for horse turnout plus a large sand riding ring.
Alongside the riding ring is a 2,150 sq ft steel clad drive-in workshop with large overhead door.
- Radiant in-floor heating throughout the main house
- Century barn with fieldstone foundation
- Deep pond with dam/waterfall at east end
- Skating hut on north shore of pond
- Walnut grove at northerly side of the property
- Multi-purpose trail system throughout the property links the houses and stable
- Leading edge mechanical systems, including : efficient, natural gas fired boilers for in-floor and forced air heating ; fire suppression sprinkler system; 3 deep drilled wells (one for each house) with full water conditioning and filtering equipment; smart/programmable lighting control systems ; setups for backup electrical power
- 3 points of ingress/egress onto paved regional roads
The Listing Agent is relying on information supplied to him by the Vendor and other sources.
The Listing Broker accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of this fact sheet.